- Vaginal laxity is an underlying cause of urinary incontinence and diminished sexual sensation. Women experience vaginal changes due to the stretching and expansion of vaginal tissue after childbirth, pelvic floor trauma, age or hormonal changes, resulting in the loss of sexual function or incontinence.
- 1 in 3 women suffer from urinary incontinence in their (1)
- 40% of US women suffer from sexual dysfunction of some sort.(2)
- Viveve is an innovative global women’s intimate health company that is helping to normalize and provide treatments for incontinence, sexual function or vaginal laxity.
- Through their innovative nonsurgical treatments, Viveve provides women with low‐risk, high‐reward medical solutions that promote an active, physically unhindered lifestyle.
- Innovative, nonsurgical, vaginal tissue and muscle treatment
- Provide women with low-risk, high-reward medical approaches for regaining their sense of self.
- Offers both product and procedure options, which can be used alone or together. (Do not say InControl together)
- Provides options for treating pelvic floor weakness resulting in laxity (looseness), the underlying cause of urinary incontinence and decreased sexual satisfaction.
- Only system indicated for treatment of urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity or sexual function in more than 60 countries, and use in General Surgery for electrocoagulation and hemostasis in the U.S.
- Uses Cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF) technology.
- Patented cooling protects the surface of the skin and allows delivery of heat at precise temperatures to stimulate the body’s own natural regenerative processes.
- Works at a cellular level to rebuild and restore the tissue’s natural collagen to improve the structural integrity of the vagina and to support the urethra.
- Naturally stimulates the body collagen over time to provide long-term improvement.
- Safe and comfortable procedure without the need for any local or topical numbing medication.
- Most women say they experience little to no discomfort during the procedure.
- A respectable and discreet procedure with no downtime.
What is the Viveve Treatment?
- A quick, comfortable and natural in-office procedure to stimulate the body’s production of healthy collagen to improve the structural integrity of the vagina and to support the urethra
- Designed to treat urinary incontinence, sexual function and vaginal laxity.
- Improves orgasm, lubrication and arousal and provides a structural foundation for the urethra, decreasing urine leaks.
- In the US, the Viveve Treatment’s energy-based system is FDA approved with a specific indication for use in controlling blood flow.
Why haven’t I heard of this before?
- The Viveve Treatment was only made available in the US two years ago, however the treatment has had a long track record outside of the US with several hundred of thousands treatment performed.
Why is collagen so important for the body?
- Collagen fibers provide support to the tissue which can, over time, lose its strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity).
- This loss of collagen can be caused by childbirth, age or certain medical conditions.
- When you have healthier collagen you can have better sensation, appearance and blood flow.
How does it work?
- Using dual mode cooling/heating technology, the Viveve System cools and protects the surface tissue while delivering heat to deeper tissues to stimulate collagen production.
- No general or local anesthesia is required.
Are there any studies that prove the Viveve Treatments’s effectiveness?
- Yes! The VIVEVE 1 which was published in the Journal for Women’s Health showed a significant improvement in arousal, lubrication and sexual sensation versus the placebo treatment in the United States.
- 83% of women treated experienced an improvement in 1-hour pad weight with an overall mean improvement of 73% at 6 months. 12-month data pending.
How much does a session cost?
- Please call for pricing details.
Do women require multiple office visits?
- No! Viveve Treatment only requires one visit and sustained results at 12 months have been documented.
How is Viveve System different from the lasers we’ve all heard about?
- Viveve System does not damage the surface layer. Lasers impact the surface and heat at a shallow depth.
- Viveve System’s patented cryogen-cooling system allows for deeper heating while protecting the skin’s surface (dermis).
- Viveve System is the only technology in the space to require just one 30-minute treatment. Most lasers require at least 3 treatments.
- FDA-cleared for treating both causes of stress and urge urinary incontinence: weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle.
- Treat the underlying cause of bladder leakage and urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive, safe to use and effective.
- 90% effective in treating daily incontinence
- Non-invasive electrical stimulation and voice-guided biofeedback
- InTone treats the underlying causes of incontinence, which are weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle, by helping stimulate muscles.
- Apex®M is the ONLY non-prescription device to solve all common types of urinary incontinence, OAB (Over-Active Bladder) and bladder leakage.
- Intensity® is the only non-medical, all-in-one device to enhance sexual sensation.
To learn more about Viveve, click HERE to read this article.
1.) Review of the psychosocial impact of urinary incontinence in women 2011; 13:143-148
2.) J Sem Med 2010; 7:3088-3095