Dr. Bartels is a board certified Ob/Gyn, founder of the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of Scottsdale, co-founder of Scottsdale Center for Women’s Health, and founder of Vitality Hormones for Men. He completed his residency training at Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan where he was Chief Resident and recipient of several awards in recognition of his minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical skills.
In 2002 he moved to Scottsdale, AZ and started private practice. By 2005 he recognized the need in Arizona for an expert in the increasingly popular field of Cosmetic Gynecology and Vaginal Rejuvenation. He completed additional training and certification, becoming the first in Scottsdale, AZ to provide these services. Since then, he has been an early adopter of the various non-surgical vaginal and bladder rejuvenation devices and has become the leading expert in Arizona for both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic gynecologic services.
He also utilizes PRP/Amnion as a standalone treatment, or in combination with his surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures, to enhance sexual response and bladder control issues. For the men in his practice, PRP/Amnion has helped restore erectile function and hair growth. He is passionate about hormone optimization for women and men to treat the usual symptoms of hormone decline as well as many debilitating ailments such as fibromyalgia, migraines and chronic fatigue.
In accordance with his mantra, “Feel Better, Function Better, and Look Better,” he also offers a host of aesthetic services including injectables, laser treatments, CoolSculpting and weight loss programs.
Dr. Bartels is a sought-after educator, lecturing at major societal and industry conferences as well as training other physicians in Vaginal Rejuvenation and Hormone Replacement Therapy. He also serves as a Key Opinion Leader for several medical device manufacturers.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Fellow
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Member
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists, Member
- International Society of Cosmetogynecologists, Member
- High School: 1985-1989 Diploma, The Hackley School
Tarrytown, New York
- Baccalaureate: 1989-1993 B.A., University of Vermont
Major: Political Science Minor: Biology
- Graduate: 1994-1998 M.D., St. George’s University School of Medicine
Grenada, West Indies
- Post-Graduate: 1998–2002 Residency, Providence Hospital
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- AMA’s Physician’s Recognition Award
- American Medical Association
Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures
- American Assoc. of Gyn. Laparoscopists
Outstanding Laparoendoscopist Resident Surgeon
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
Joseph Watts Award for Outstanding Performance
- Dept. Ob/Gyn, Providence Hospital, MI
Ob/Gyn Resident Teacher of the Year
Sonoran Living Appearance