CoolSculpting is a fat-freezing process in Scottsdale that permanently removes fat from your body. It is a popular alternative to liposuction because it is non-invasive and non-surgical. The process uses controlled cooling to cause the fat cells in the treated area to die gradually. Considered a spot-fat removal technique, CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss technique. If you need to lose a lot of weight, you should spend some time following a healthy diet and doing regular exercise before considering CoolSculpting.
The benefits of CoolSculpting in Scottsdale
• Since CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure to remove fat deposits in targeted places, there is no recovery time needed.
• Since there is no surgical procedure or incision, there is no chance for a scar.
• The procedure usually takes just a few minutes to one to three hours depending on the size of the area being treated
• You could have it during a lunch break.
• The results show gradually in much the same way as if you achieved the fat loss through exercise. Consequently, the results are natural-looking.
• The most common areas treated are the thighs, hips, abdomen, back and buttocks, but it can be done on other parts of the body.
• It is a great way to improve your appearance and your self-confidence.
• It removes the fat from pockets that are not affected by diet and exercise.
• The results are permanent and last for years as long as you maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
• It is Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approved in the U.S. for removing visible fat bulges in the submandibular and submental areas.
How to prepare for CoolSculpting
If our specialist recommends CoolSculpting for your fat issues, you will be given instructions about preparing. Some things you may be asked to do are:
• Avoid blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen and certain herbal remedies
• Avoid bruising or injuring the treatment area as there will be some massaging needed during the treatment and it could worsen the wound
• Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds
• Quit smoking, if you smoke, at least a week before the treatment as smoking impedes healing
When you go for the treatment
• Wear loose clothing and underwear
• Eat a light meal before your appointment
• Bring a magazine or your smartphone as you may need entertainment during the treatment
• Before and after photos may be taken so you can see the improvement after a few months
The discovery of CoolSculpting
Two doctors at Harvard University noticed that children who eat popsicles may get dimples in their cheeks. The connection was made between the frozen water and fat reduction. Cold can affect fat cells without damaging the skin or other tissue. The rest, they say, is history. CoolSculpting is a controlled procedure that is precise and safe. The frozen cells die and are gradually absorbed and eliminated by the body. The result is a more sculpted figure.
When you contact our specialist in Scottsdale Center for Women’s Health, you can ask questions about CoolSculpting and learn if it is a good remedy for your unwanted fat.