I love the convenience of a making a big pot of soup that can be served for several meals. Right out of the pan and into single serving containers for the work week. This soup is a patient favorite and always a huge hit with my family—one pot meals can be tossed together quickly and are hearty enough to power through your afternoon.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 3 bell peppers, diced (I used red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- ½-1 whole can of mild green chilies (If using ½ can, freeze the remaining chilies in a baggie.)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can organic tomato sauce (organic, no sugar added tomatoes are available in cases of 12 at Costco)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1-16 oz bags of fresh cauliflower rice (Trader Joe’s, Safeway) or 2-12 oz. microwaveable bags of cauliflower rice (Costco)
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic. Add ground beef breaking it up into small pieces. Once the meat is browned, stir in peppers and onions. Cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers are tender.