Tips on how to “Hack Your Way to a Healthier Gut”
Brought to you by:
(Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach)
- SKIP THE SUGAR: Sugar encourages the bad bacteria in your gut to thrive.
- EAT PLENTY OF VEGGIES: Leafy Greens and Brussels Sprouts provide the gut with good bacteria to flourish.
- CHEW YOUR FOOD: Chew your food 20-30 times each bite. This will help you predigest your food.
- ONLY TAKE ANTIBIOTICS WHEN NECESSARY: Antibiotics kill off most of the good bacteria you need, allowing bad bacteria to flourish which can lead to leaky gut and an overgrowth of yeast.
- PROBIOTICS: Take a high quality multi-strain probiotic every day at bed time on an empty stomach. Don’t be afraid to switch strains every few months.
- DRINK BONE BROTH: Bone Broth contains glycine that helps tighten large junctions in the gut and will help restore the intestinal barrier.
- PREBIOTIC FOODS: Add in PRE biotic foods that feed the good bacteria in the gut. Garlic and onions are great prebiotic foods
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES: Take a broad spectrum digestive enzyme with meals. This will help break your food down into smaller more digestible pieces. This helps to eliminate bloating, gas and fatigue after eating.
- RAISE YOUR STOMACH ACID: Taking a Lemon or Betaine Hydrochloride supplement raises your stomach acid which helps you to absorb nutrients from your food.
- WATER: Drink half your weight or more in water every day to help flush toxins.
- RELAX WHEN YOU EAT: Eating quickly in a stressful environment hurts the digestion process. Slowing down and enjoying your food leads to better digestion.
For more information on our Lifestyle & Wellness Program or to schedule an appointment with Julie call: 480-425-8700
(Most insurances accepted)